Regional Sales Manager
JOB TITLE: Regional Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO: EVP of Sales & Marketing
Spectra Aerospace & Defense (“Spectra”) is a trusted group of defense electronics companies bringing over a half century of rugged, mission ready, battle-tested experience to bear in aerospace and defense applications. Spectra offers its customers a differentiated portfolio of proprietary products that span the entire data capture lifecycle – recording, processing, routing, data storage, NAS and ultimately displaying mission critical data. Spectra comprises CALCULEX, Inc. ArgonFDS LLC, and Galleon Embedded Computing LLC. Spectra is a portfolio company of Vance Street Capital, forming the company in February 2021 by simultaneously merging three defense technology businesses.
This position requires building awareness of Spectra Company capabilities at key accounts in the region. This position will work directly with the Business Development Executive for each of the business units to build and strengthen our customer relationships and confidence. This position will require extensive travel within the region.
Scope of Responsibility
- Increase frequency of contact with key accounts.
- Expand our footprint by offering new products/capabilities to existing customers.
- Position Spectra to win new programs with new customers
- A demonstrated track record of developing and executing capture plans leading to significant new orders is required.
- A deep understanding of the C5ISR military platforms for land, air and sea, including fleetwide upgrade opportunities.
- A broad, high-level knowledge of the aerospace and defense market with understanding of systems, open standards, and DOD procurement process.
Skilled at building relationships.
- A current customer contact list and strong relationships with our targeted DoD and prime contractor/OEM key accounts is required.
Experience and Education
- 10+ years of experience required selling in the C5ISR military market
- BS degree, preferably technical
- Experience with commercial/military avionics, airborne recording products, processing, routing, and displays is a plus.
Compensation will consist of a base salary plus a commission based on successful order capture. Spectra also offers a generous benefits package including health insurance, dental, a 401K, tuition reimbursement, and paid sick time/vacations.
Personal Traits and Characteristics:
- Quality First: Plan & execute accurate, complete, timely and reliable work. Integrity never compromised.
- Respect for People: Appreciates and leverages diversity in experience, heritage, education, organization level and gender.
- Design by Fact: Gathers, analyzes, and summarizes data to draw rational, fact-based conclusions.
- Blameless: Seeks root-cause solutions and fixes processes rather than finding someone to blame.
- Teamwork: Collaborative with customers, suppliers & associates at all levels towards mutual objectives.
- Sense of Urgency: High energy, bias for taking action. Spontaneously recognizes and resolves issues.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers a primary focus, develops and sustains loyal, productive relationships.
- Continuous Improvement: Develops and implements creative solutions to systems and processes.
- Deliver Results: Driven to deliver short and long-term results. Maintains focus on what’s most important.
- Adapting to Change: Able to effectively adapt to an environment of change, uncertainty, and ambiguity.
- Intellect: Understands the conceptual, strategic, tactical, and technical aspects of an issue.
- Innovative: Generates and implements creative solutions. Challenges current methods and seeks alternatives.
- Work Group: Ability to work within a small, high-performance group.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Office environment with temperature control; may be exposed to chemicals related to the manufacturing process. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Spectra Aerospace and Defense provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org